◎ SASMUJEL ◎
with Ensemble Windkraft under the direction of Kasper de Roo and the climbers of AVS Gardena
Initiator of the project: Gottfried Solderer
· Eduard Demetz, Composer
· Hubert Kostner, Artist
· Anastasia Kostner, coreographic dance
⧖ World Premiere
The first conquest of the Sassolungo took place on August 13th 1869, and it was an absolutely sensational event. The Austrian mountaineer Paul Grohmann accompanied by two Val Gardena guides managed to reach the peak which up until that point was considered unconquerable due to the length of the incline and hazard of falling rocks. The 150th anniversary of this milestone in mountaineering will be celebrated with a performance that mixes contemporary art, music and dance.
A stone of modest proportions which stands alone above the hiking trail is transformed by the artist Hubert Kostner, wrapping it entirely with about 8000 meters of climbing rope. At the foot of this unique installation, on July 27 at 1.00 pm, the composer Eduard Demetz will place twenty wind instrumentalists who will acoustically explore the unfathomable width of the alpine landscape, while the choreographer Anastasia Kostner will add the energy of movement with the help of local climbers and performers.
We invite you to wear appropriate clothing and footwear, we are at high altitude. In case of bad weather the event will be moved to 28.07 or 03.08. More update information will be available on www.transart.it
There are four ways to reach the place of the performance:
1. It is possible to take the historic chairlift from the Passo Sella parking lot to the Forcella del Sassolungo, where a 30-45 minute ascent begins on a gravel and rubble path.
2. By foot walking up from the Sella car park along path 525 to the Forcella - which takes about an hour.
3. Another option is to take the bus from the Alpe di Siusi (gondola station), and reach Saltria where you can reach the Williams hut with the Florian chairlift. From here walk along the path 527 towards Murmeltierhütte (Baita delle Marmotte) to the Vicenza hut, from where you can go up to the Vallone with an easy walk for about two hours.
4. From the chairlift Mont Seura of Monte Pana, after about 1 hour uphill walking followuin gthe trail nr. 526, 525 in direction Langkofelhütte.
The high mountain area is a fragile ecosystem and must be treated with respect. For this reason, the performance does not include the use of electricity, amplification, architectural backdrops or seating chairs.