🚃 The performance will start at 7.00 pm. To ensure your arrival in time it is advisable to take the cable car that goes from Lana to Monte San Vigilio no later than 6.30 pm. HERE you will find detailed information on timetables.
◎THE MAGIC POWER OF THE NORTH◎
📎The evening is characterized by a performative and a musical part, connected by the magic of the North High.
◎The Tour ◎
a performance in five parts, 40'
· Páll Ívan frá Eiðum, Þjóðlag (per clarinetto basso e secchio), 3’
· Simon Steen-Andersen, History of my Instrument (per arpa, video e riproduzione), 10‘
· Jesper Pedersen, Neues Werk (per flauto, clarinetto, arpa, batteria, video ed elettronica), 10‘
· Guðmundur Steinn Gunnarsson, Kvartett (per tre fiati e uno strumento a pizzico), 7‘
· Haukur Þór Harðarson, Neues Werk (per flauto, clarinetto, arpa, batteria), 10‘
· Simon Løffler,b (per effetti pedali, luci al neon e un cavo allentato), 8‘
The fascination regarding the north has something to do with the concept of periphery: far from civilization, big urban conglomerates, in the midst of inhospitable lands vexed by an inclement climate. The free spirits of thinking and making art gives birth to work of seductive beauty.
The concept of “new” in the culture has a different quality, more primitive compared to elsewhere, and more free from the usual artistic trends. Iceland is the focus of the program, THE MAGIC POWER OF THE NORTH. Iceland is known as the arctic outpost that manages to succeed without psychiatrists and whose belief in fairies is written in their DNA. Music by different composers will be performed, partly by the Ensemble Adapter and partly by the celandic Love Corporation, duo in the fairy scenery of Monte San Vigilio. Take the cable car to reach the Vigilius Mountain Resort and get spiritually closer to the Arctic.